It is May, the month of my birth (little known fact, I share the same birthday as George Lucas). I’m done with the job search, which means I can get out of the private life (by curbing my posts with social media and blogs) and start being myself again.
Not much going on in Scott-World. I’m out of the Navy, so there’s that. Much of the stress involved in military separation is now behind me…no bulks of paperwork to submit, no medical appointments to follow through with, no resumes to send out. I just started a great job doing what I love and I’m ready to start Chapter 31 of Life.
So what does this Chapter entail?
- College. Only a couple classes before I get my degree.
- Training. New job means new skills to learn. Can’t stay in my comfort zone…gotta keep moving…always keep moving.
That aside, how about hobbies? Entertainment?
- Gundam. I have the Gundam Mk. II half assembled. Had to put a pause on that project last month, but I want to get back into it sometime in the next week or two.
- Comics. I’ve been binging on comic books this weekend, trying to catch up on some missed comics from the last few years, particularly the All-New X-Men, Uncanny Avengers, Spider-Man, Hawkeye, and Fantastic Four. Now the Secret Wars event has just started and I feel the Marvel Universe is moving faster than I would like…trying to shut my eyes and avoid spoilers.
- Gaming. I’ve practically retired my PS3. I love the system but I have a huge backlog that I may never get around to playing. At the same time my Wii U, 3DS, Vita, and PS4 backlog continues to grow. It’s time to unplug the system and move on. Looking at the Witcher 3 and Project CARS particularly for this month.
- Building a PC. Last year I traded my nice gaming laptop for a MacBook Pro. It was a great decision but I’m itching to get back into real PC gaming with a machine I can actually upgrade. With Elite Dangerous, Star Citizen, Pillars of Eternity, and Cities Skylines, it’s a great time to jump back into the fray. I’m going to do a bit of budgeting and cost estimates, but I plan on building a new PC from scratch.
- Movies. All the movies coming out this Summer. I don’t even know where to start.
And that’s that.